Securely send any of the four Aviation Safety reports to ASRS via the internet. For information on reporter confidentiality, immunity policy, and other program information please refer to the pages found under Program Information.
To report electronically, select an ASRS Report Form:
- e.g. Pilot, Dispatcher, & Other
- e.g. Air Traffic Controller
- e.g. Repairman, Mechanic, Inspector
- e.g. Cabin Crew
4 Steps to Report Electronically
- Review the ERS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Browser settings and mobile device compatibility details are in the ERS FAQ and are important to the success of your report submission. Be sure your computer is secure and clear of vulnerabilities (see Online Security Tips).
- Click on the button above for the appropriate electronic ASRS form – read the ASRS policy and then click on "Continue to Report."
- Fill out the form on the computer. To print a copy for your records, you must print it BEFORE clicking Submit. Keep the copy in a secure location. The NASA ASRS team suggests that you do not save your completed report to a shared (e.g., company) computer.
- After you click the Submit button at the bottom of the page, a verification code will appear for your submission. Retain this verification code for future reference. If you do not receive a verification code, refer to the ERS FAQ to ensure proper settings are enabled. If issue cannot be resolved, contact ASRS by using the contact form on the Contact Us page, and select "Electronic Report Submission" as your topic.
NOTE: The identification strip at the top of your report will be printed, date stamped and returned to you by U.S. Mail as proof of submission. Forms submitted electronically will be date stamped on the first business day following report transmission. You can expect the return of your identification strip to take a minimum of 14 days after your submission.
NASA has worked to ensure your report is handled securely. Security features include: encryption of your report form during data transmission and storage, and multiple layers of firewalls and security devices. While NASA takes every effort to ensure security, there is potential for vulnerability on the user's end (e.g., spyware, adware, or viruses). For tips on securing your computer prior to report submission please see our Online Security Tips.
ASRS cannot accept reports through e-mail due to security issues. If electronic report submission is unavailable and there is a time issue, you may want to download, print and mail the reporting form assuring a timely post mark date.
Your feedback can help improve the Electronic Report Submission (ERS) service. To contact us regarding comments or if you encounter an error, please go to the Contact Us page, and select "Electronic Report Submission" as your topic.