- Prior to submitting a report electronically to ASRS what should I know?
- What is supposed to happen after I click the SUBMIT button on the ERS report?
- What if I do not see a "thank you" page containing my verification code after submitting a report?
- When I click on “View Printable Format” nothing happens?
- I have a saved electronic copy of the ERS form. Can I open it up later and submit a report?
- Can I submit a report from my company's computer?
- Can I submit a report from my mobile phone or tablet?
1. Prior to submitting a report electronically to ASRS what should I know?
- Please use tested browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The forms work best on an updated and current browser.
- Allow pop-up windows from this site (check for a "pop-ups are blocked" message near the top of your browser).
- It is recommended that you use "private browsing" if your browser supports it, as it improves the chances your personal information will not be saved to the computer. At minimum, we recommend you exit completely out of your browser after submitting a report.
2. What is supposed to happen after I click the SUBMIT button on the ERS report?
Once you click on SUBMIT, you may be prompted in two ways. First, if you are missing key identifying information, a message will notify you that required information has not been provided. Second, you will be alerted to print your report for your records prior to submitting. After acknowledging these prompts, and providing the required information, the report will be submitted to ASRS.
Your browser will be redirected to a thank you page containing your verification code. The report submission and thank you page indicating that the report was received at ASRS should appear within a few seconds. If you do not see a verification code after report submission, please see FAQ#3.
3. What if I do not see a "thank you" page containing my verification code after submitting a report?
The report submission thank you page should appear within a few seconds. If not, please check the following items:
- Make sure your internet connection is active. To test, open another web page and bring up your home page, then click to refresh the page. (For example, bring up http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov in a new browser window and click the refresh button. If you do not see the ASRS website home page, your internet connection is not active.) If your connection is down, please try again at another time.
- Make sure your firewall is not preventing outbound traffic for this application. Most firewalls will ask you to allow/disallow the activity when you click submit.
If you still do not see a verification code after submitting a report, please Contact ERS through the website contact form.
4. When I click on “View Printable Format” nothing happens?
Check and see if your browser is blocking pop-up windows. Near the top of the browser window, there may be a small bar asking “Do you want to allow pop-ups for this site.” Make sure you allow pop-ups for the ASRS site. If you are submitting on a mobile device, please see FAQ #7.
5. I have a saved electronic copy of the ERS form. Can I open it up later and submit a report?
No. The ERS system is a Web application and runs within a controlled and secured URL. If you attempt to submit the report outside of this environment, the report will not be submitted.
6. Can I submit a report from my company’s computer?
Always be aware that after submitting your report, a page is displayed with your verification code which indicates the completion of your submission. If you do not see a verification code after report submission, please see FAQ#3.
7. Can I submit a report from my mobile phone or tablet?
Yes. Although not developed for mobile devices, many reporters successfully report to ASRS using their phones and / or tablets.
The level of compatibility is dependent on the type of browser, type of device and age of device. It is known from limited mobile device testing that some mobile device browsers, for example Chrome, may not allow date and time entry on older mobile devices. We are also aware that some browsers and devices may not display your report data if you click on the “View Printable Format” button.