- Prior to submitting a report electronically to ASRS what should I know?
- What is supposed to happen after I click the SUBMIT button on the ERS report?
- What if I do not see a "thank you" page containing my verification code after submitting a report?
- When I click on “View Printable Format” nothing happens?
- I have a saved electronic copy of the ERS form. Can I open it up later and submit a report?
- Can I submit a report from my company's computer?
1. Prior to submitting a report ELECTRONICALLY to ASRS what should I know?
- Internet Explorer 7: Look in TOOLS > Internet Options, Security tab, Custom level button, then check off enable Active Scripting
- Allow pop-up windows from this site (check for a “pop-ups are blocked” message near the top of your browser).
- It is recommended that you use “private browsing” if your browser supports it, as data that you enter is not cached in your browser and history is not logged when private browsing is enabled. Remember to turn off private browsing when you are no longer on our site. At minimum, we recommend you exit completely out of your browser after submitting a report.
- Please be aware that the current version of Electronic Report Submission does not support Chrome. Some Chrome users may not receive a verification code upon report submission. We are currently working on making our application compatible with Chrome as well as a variety of browsers.
In the mean time, please use tested browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox 3 or Safari. The forms work best on an updated and current browser.
2. What is supposed to happen after I click the SUBMIT button on the ERS report?
Once you click on SUBMIT, you may be prompted in two ways. First, if you are missing key identifying information or omitted the Event/Situation section, a message will notify you to confirm that you do not want to enter any such information. Second, you will be alerted to print your report prior to submitting, as the ERS system will attempt to clear all report information from the form after report submission for security reasons. After acknowledging these prompts, the report will be submitted to ASRS.
Your browser will be redirected to a thank you page containing your verification code. The report submission and thank you page indicating that the report was received at ASRS should appear within a few seconds. If you do not see a verification code after report submission, please see FAQ#3.
3. What if I do not see a "thank you" page containing my verification code after submitting a report?
The report submission thank you page should appear within a few seconds. If not, please check the following items:
- Make sure your internet connection is active. To test, open another web page and bring up your home page, then click to refresh the page. (For example, bring up http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov in a new browser window and click the refresh button. If you do not see the ASRS website home page, your internet connection is not active.) If your connection is down, please try again at another time.
- Make sure your firewall is not preventing outbound traffic for this application. Most firewalls will ask you to allow/disallow the activity when you click submit.
If you still do not see a verification code after submitting a report, please Contact ERS.
4. When I click on “View Printable Format” nothing happens?
Check and see if your browser is blocking pop-up windows. Near the top of the browser window, there may be a small bar asking “Do you want to allow pop ups for this site.” Make sure you allow pop ups for the ASRS site.
5. I have a saved electronic copy of the ERS form. Can I open it up later and submit a report?
No. The ERS system is a Web application and runs within a controlled and secured URL. If you attempt to submit the report outside of this environment, the report will not be submitted.
6. Can I submit a report from my company’s computer?
Always be aware that after submitting your report, a page is displayed with your verification code which indicates the completion of your submission. If you do not see a verification code after report submission, please see FAQ#3.